Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Cool Radiatore Melon Salad










I'm not sure where or when I first came across this recipe.  I know it's been in my recipe box for several years.  This is truly a keeper.  It's both fast, easy and wow an extra bonus.  Budget friendly.  Let me start by telling you radiatore is a small spring like pasta.  It cooks up in about 9 to 11 minutes depending on your likes. This recipe has so many variations, you'll never run out of ideas reinventing it.  I used watermelon instead of honeydew, and wow!  The limeade dressing gave it a good tart balance against the sweetness of the melons.  Next time, I'm going to try a variety of fruits without the pasta.   As you know I'm all about the deal.  Well this is a real deal. Very budget friendly.  The part I like the best?  There are less than 100 calories per serving.  (This recipe serves 6)  Try it, and let me know how you like it.

Amount
Unit
Ingredient
Preparation
1
Lb
Radiatore
Uncooked
1/3
Medium
Honeydew Melon
*Cut 1/2” Chunks
½
Medium
Cantaloupe
*Cut 1/2” Chunks
1
Medium
Cucumber
***Cut ½” Chunks  
½
Cup
Limeade
Concentrate
2
Tablespoons
Vegetable Oil

1
Teaspoon
Chili Powder

1
Teaspoon
Salt



Prepare Radiatore according to package directions
While pasta is cooking, toss honeydew, cantaloupe and cucumber together in a large bowl
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together limeade, oil, chili powder and salt
When pasta is done, drain and rinse under cold water, then drain again
Toss pasta with fruit and dressing
Serve Cold 

* about 2 cups
** Peeled and seeded

No comments:

Post a Comment