Sunday, January 22, 2012

A Budget Friendly Steak Dinner

I remember my mom fixing this steak dinner for us.   (She doesn't)  I also remember one of my brothers friends called it "freckled steak"  (I don't remember which one).  I have cooked this steak several times for my family.  (They don't remember)  I really recommend this for 2 reasons.  1.  You can buy a less expensive cut of meat, & 2 it is different & very tasty.

Top Sirloin  - Get one about 1/2" - 3/4" thick
Italian flavored bread crumbs
1 T Olive Oil
1 Clove Garlic
Salt & Pepper to taste

Put bread crumbs on a sheet of wax paper
Pour 1 T Olive Oil into a broiler pan
Mince garlic and spread evenly over the olive oil
Coat the steak with the bread crumbs (both sides).  Place the steak on the olive oil and garlic.
Season with salt & pepper.  Turn  on the broiler.  If you want a rare to medium rare steak place the broiler pan closer to the flames.  A medium or well done steak should be farther away from the flame.  Turn the steak over about half way through cooking, and continue to broil until done.

You can add a side of potatoes, and a serving of mixed vegges.  A fresh tomato salad (recipe on next post) will round out a delectable dinner.   This is definitely a 30 minute dinner with a flavor to die for.  



No comments:

Post a Comment